Tuesday, June 1, 2010

First Tasting

To start it off the tasting was good. To end it only 2 people enjoyed the fruits of my labor and time. That is not to say that only 2 out of everyone in attendance, because only 2 people attended. Save myself of course. I did hold true to giving a demo of how the brew is crafted and brewed a blond ale. This is fermenting as we speak and the tasting will commence in less than a month.

Blonds by nature are enjoyed in the summer, so I only saw it fitting to start that one now as by the first day of summer this will be ready to enjoy. I have looked into brewing a redhead for my next demo, or more commonly known as an Irish Red Ale. This is speculation at this point, as with the success of the Belgium Ale, I may brew another batch of that to keep it on tap.

The Apfelwein was certainly tasty. I feel I have let my self down, by not letting it age til November like I had planned. However, the reason is two fold. One is that I am very impatient, and two is that I feel I am going to need the keg soon. Such a shame to drink semi ready brew just to have a place for the next one. This either means I need more kegs or I need to hit the bottles again with something.

Sorry no pictures this time of the event. Didn't get the turn out I was hoping for. Look for the invites soon if you are known by me. Or else look out for the responses I post about whats going on in the world of Decatur St. Brewing Co. Sneak peak "Beer Camp" and that flavor profile of the Belgium Ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment