Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hey Pumpkin

The pumpkin beer is a little tough to brew, there are way more steps involved and trying to do it on a week night by myself was difficult to say the least.  Alas, it did get done.  Took some pictures of it today, looks like fermentation has stopped already and has me concerned slightly. Going to check gravity on Wednesday, hopefully it has dropped considerable.  If it has not, I may need to just throw in some more yeast in the secondary.


 Still working with an artist on the label, should have some rough drafts by Friday I am told.  Keep an eye out on the blog and I will post the final label after the initial reveal of the beer.



Apparently, the woman of my life does not agree to the bottling I was planning on and is wanting me to keg it.  The kegs are reserved for the staple beers I am working on.  I suppose I could use this to my advantage to get more kegs.  However, its not easy to carry a keg to a party and keep it cool. Plus, I wouldn't be able to show off the label.  To bottle or not to bottle is now the question.  I still think I am going to bottle as I want to share it with many people (friends, strangers, co-workers, etc.) and not have to carry a keg around with me to do that.

I am also considering doing a neck label, but don't think I really want to. However, this would give me more room on the main label for the artwork and could allow for more detail.

Things to look out for:
- 2010 Redheaded *@#! brew ingredients are in my possession
- 2010 Pumpkin Spice updates
- Talk of 2011 Oktoberfest brew
- Possible 2011 entry into contest (local or national)?

No comments:

Post a Comment