Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Oops! To Strong

Racked the Pumpkin into the secondary.  It is tasting mighty good.  Has a slight pumpkin taste on the back end and a nice beer taste up front.  Added the spice to the secondary so that it should have more of the pumpkin pie taste to it.  Will taste it again in a week to see how its turning out.

So I was shooting for a drinkable 5% ABV and it turned out a little bit more than I was hoping for.  I was worried about the fermentation as it didn't seem like it was doing much the first few days, so I was going to add some more yeast.  After the test tonight, I have decided that adding yeast will not be needed.  This will be a true home brew and will be closer to 7%.  I know that many of the lighter drinkers may be deterred by the stronger beer, but it is still turning out to be a good brew.  I look forward to enjoying this with friends and family over the fall season.

Things to look out for:
- 2010 Pumpkin Spice updates
- 2010 Redheaded *@#! brew ingredients are in my possession
- 2010 Winter Special- Talk of 2011 Oktoberfest brew
- Possible 2011 entry into contest (local or national)

No comments:

Post a Comment