Sunday, May 16, 2010

You Have To Start Somewhere

This is the obvious, but this is the first post to my blog. I was going to brew an new batch of beer. However, time did not permit. I had some house chores to do. Of course, I have a beer that is in the secondary right now. Its a Belgium Ale. Last I tasted, it was really tasty. I think this will be a keeper and may be the start of my beer tastings for friends and family.

I have completed the work on the keg fridge today though. It's not yet a kegerator, as it does not have taps coming out of it yet. I will be ordering those soon. I did buy a used almond color fridge and turned it black on the outside. Looks really nice and gets cold on the inside. I have not placed anything in it yet. I do have an Apfelwein that is still aging, but will is technically ready for consumption. Then once the Belgium Ale is done that will be the first keg in the fridge. I am hoping that I can get a second beer on tap before I have my first beer tasting party. However, I am thinking that maybe I will have a tasting on Memorial Day weekend.

Until I have decided on tasting party time.

No comments:

Post a Comment